Friday, February 27, 2009

Andrew Bird comes to Salt Lake

Andrew Bird is a classically-trained-violinist-turned-folk-singer who I started listening to this year. When I found out he was coming to Salt Lake, I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anyone who would want to go with me... meaning I was worried I wouldn't have a ride to Salt Lake. But randomly enough I found out Leilani likes him too and she wanted to come with me. So Wednesday night we trekked over to Salt Lake.
I was so impressed by his versatility: he sang, whistled, and played the violin, guitar, and glockenspiel (sometimes all in the same song.)
this is the best picture I got of Andrew playing the glockenspiel

Martin Dosh. His drum kit was really sparkly

We got pretty close to the stage (maybe three people back) so we had a really good view (once this giant guy with a fro moved out of our way). I took tons of videos, so here's a little sample of the concert:

Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left

Oh No

I loved when Andrew would just talk to the audience and joke around. I'm still amazed by how good he is live.

2 comments:

Shelly and Scott said...

Sounds like a fun Wed. I loved the violin and whistling. Glad you found a ride. He is a great entertainer.
Love, MOM

Amber said...

Now I need to look for his music...I'm curious to hear more. I love that he plays the violin. Have a great week!