Friday, October 29, 2010

End of Summer/Beginning of Fall Picnic

I don't remember where the idea came from, but Bryan and I decided to have a picnic in the canyon this September.  We had been given a picnic basket set (complete with plates, glasses, and utensils) by my mom as a wedding present, so we wanted to try it out.
We found a pretty spot that had a nice view of the fall colors, and the weather was pretty much perfect.
 
Here you can see the whole spread.  We had bread, cheese, salami, grapes and grape juice.  It made me miss eating really cheap (but delicious) cheese all the time, like I did in France.
 
 Yum!
 
(using our camera timer)
 I made mini pear tarts for dessert, which added a perfect fall taste to the picnic.  Pretty much, every "smitten kitchen" recipe I try turns out amazing.  She knows what she's doing.

 After our picnic we drove up past Sundance to see the pretty fall colors.
 


I'm excited for fall to finally be here (winter, not so much)

1 comment:

Shelly and Scott said...

Love to see that picnic basket in action. It is pretty cute. The pear tart looks yummy. I need to check some of those recipes out. The fall colors are so pretty too.