Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas time is here again

I thought I should do a Christmas post sometime before Christmas, so here is a little recap of our Christmas season:

-It snowed, but luckily not very much.  This was when it snowed on a really sunny day
 
-We saw the Carl Bloch exhibit at the MOA.  It was pretty cool, and this painting was amazing up close.
-We went to Disneyland over Thanksgiving break for free and it was freezing cold

 

-We got a little tree, and our house smelled great (and we're hopeful that the tree will still be alive when we get back to Utah on Sunday)
-We made snowflakes (notice the window)

 all decorated
decorated, lit up, and lights dimmed 

-We found Christmasland again


 We even saw the gate open up and a car go in.  We were this close to running inside.

-We had a second Thanksgiving dinner with Justin and Marissa, and I made a pretty pecan cheesecake
-I got to visit Sandi, Matt, and baby Ruby Rose since they moved to Utah
-We went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert... but we were too late to get seats even though we had tickets.  Salt Lake traffic/parking is the worst.  We watched it in the Conference Center theater, so it was still fun to see.  David Archuleta was pretty good. After we got to see the lights on temple square, so it was still a fun night.

We're in California for Christmas, and the rain has finally stopped, so it looks like it's going to be a pretty weekend.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

brittney perry said...

I miss you.

and I know what you're thinking,

"whatever."

but I'm totally serious. the other day something came up that made me think about you, and I thought about our freshman year, and living with you, and being in the same capstone, and... knowing you has made my life so much better than it would have been otherwise. and posts like this remind me of why.

sandi said...

we love having you guys so close!!!
thanks for all your help AND for the cheescake(i didn't share) love you!!!

Marissa Krogue said...

I love the Christmas tree. It was fun to compare Christmasland '09 and '10. We have the exact same pics, but they never get old. Also, second Thanksgiving is the best tradition EVER.