Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Snatchers

Last week after Bryan left for work, he called to say there was a baby bird that fell out of its nest, and he was worried it was going to die in the rain since it couldn't fly.  I hurried over with an empty box lined with newspaper, and Bryan brought out the smallest little fluff ball of a bird.  It was smaller than a ping pong ball!  He told me (this is not an exaggeration) to take it home and find some worms for it to eat.  And he was totally serious.  I didn't do that. Instead I put a lamp nearby to keep him warm, and just let him hangout while I tried to figure out what to do with him.

so cute!
After a little bit of research we both realized that the bird was probably fine on it's own, and most likely his parents had been keeping an eye on him.  So it turns out we weren't heroes, we were baby snatchers.  Bryan took him back and let him go back to his family, so it all worked out. Can you really blame us for snatching him, though? Look at that face:
We found out he was a baby quail.  I can't get over how cute he was.  I think we're going to need to get a pet sometime soon...

3 comments:

gardeniagirl said...

That IS the cutest bird I've ever seen!

Bryan said...

Well, birds DO eat worms...

sandi said...

baby quail birds are the cutest!!!!! and smallest. We had some near us this year too....it's so cute when they run behind the mom so fast.....now as for bryan and his "go find some worms comment"......ok dr. spaceman.... sorry i couldn't resist.....i have been watching too much 30-rock- miss you guys!