Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pre-Halloween Halloween Party

While I was at JoAnn's I found a sewing pattern for a little boy's Robin Hood Halloween costume, and I decided I could make it work for me (even though I am definitely not a little boy). I used the BYU sewing lab, which was convenient, and I think it actually turned out decently. I added ears and a tail so I could be Disney's Robin Hood (the fox), which was probably my favorite part.
I went with Allison, Alyx, and Luke to a ward Halloween party, which ended up being a lot of fun. Allison was Hermione and Alyx was Ron.
Their Bishop lives a half hour up the canyon in the middle of nowhere. After the party we were amazed by how bright the stars were, so the Bishop let us lay on his trampoline which made it a lot easier to look at the stars. We saw a bunch of shooting stars, but no satellites.
Here are some pictures of my full costume so you can see my cape and tail.

5 comments:

sandi said...

Such a cute costume kelly, I can't believe you made it! I miss dressing up for halloween. Where did you get the boots? Miss ya-sandi

Shelly and Scott said...

How cute are you? Love the costume! What a good job you did. Have fun at all your Halloween parties. I didn't know they had a sewing lab at BYU. Very nice. Have a great week. Love ya, Mom

Amber said...

I didn't know they had a sewing lab either but it makes sense. Great job on your "little boy" costume :) It turned out great. I remember having a Ward Halloween party at a cabin my sophomore year. It was the same night that Kevin called about his mission call...memories. Enjoy the weekend!

Amber said...

I just noticed that your last 3 posts all involve you wearing some kind of costume. Either you dress up a lot or you need to post more :)

Tyler said...

cool costume. did you realize that you are in a costume for about half of your posts? just saying. i remember when tara used to make me go to several "pre-halloween parties"