Wednesday, November 19, 2008

'Tis the Season... almost

My roommate Marissa is probably the biggest advocate of Christmas spirit that I have ever met. We've been talking about how excited we are for the Christmas season since... September. Being Christmas connoisseurs, we decided that this past weekend was the perfect time to put up our temporary Christmas Tree (after talking Alyssa into it, of course. She didn't want Thanksgiving to get overlooked but we assured her that Thanksgiving is a very friendly holiday and wouldn't mind sharing its space with Christmas). Our apartment was already in the process of its Christmas transformation (garland, a wreath, and lights had mysteriously appeared above our fireplace. I won't name names), and then Sunday, after ward prayer, we pulled out the tree and stockings.Overall, we're pretty satisfied with the results.After Thanksgiving break we're planning on getting a real Christmas Tree.

3 comments:

sandi said...

pretty nice...i don't think we ever had a tree for christmas up at school. I'm ashamed to admit it but I think I favor thanksgiving over christmas, i'm a freak I know-I just love that thanksgiving food:)

brittney perry said...

kelly! I had no idea you were so freaking crafty? sewing... pinatas... party planning... all so freaking amazing.

Amber said...

I'm impressed Kelly. I don't think I ever really had Christmas decorations in my years at BYU. That's so fun though. I'm so excited for Christmas this year. I haven't been bothered by the early signs of Christmas in stores. Nathan loves all the Christmas stuff too. He's going to have so much fun this year. We can't wait to see you :)